Sunday, December 9, 2007

Whitewater Rafting

...without any of the above.

This title does fit what has happened thus far, though (I have been on the ground for a whopping 2 hours).

1) flight from Dayton to DC= bumpiest flight I've yet been on. It's a good thing it was so short.
2) airplane food...come on.
3) maybe 4 hours of sleep?
4) immigration....NEVER get electronic tickets: they didn't give me the return flight tickets and I didn't know the postcode of the hostel so he wasn't going to let me through. The tears in my eyes, student status, and knowing people in the UK must have gotten to his heart.
5) I stood for the majority of the 22 underground stops between Heathrow and St. Paul's. NOT fun.
6) There ISN'T free wireless, after all...3 pounds/1 hour cards, instead. Whatever. I don't plan on being on too long.

Oh, well. When I was taking pictures that I'll post later when I can get into my suitcase, some construction guy in a hole in the road saw my luggage and asked if I was going to the hostel. He gave me directions, so that was nice.

Back to the plane: around 1 AM UK time, one of the flight attendants called over the PA, "If there is a doctor among the passengers, please come to the *wherever* immediately." A woman in the middle aisle of the row in front of me had passed out out of nowhere. There were at least 3 doctors and most of the flight attendants standing around her. It reminded me of that episode of House. Not that exciting, but the guy behind me in line to exchange money was on my flight, as well; I had noticed him earlier. Why? Because he looks exactly like Gary Oldman. Perhaps I'll see the real thing while I'm here...

I have no idea where to start. It's only 12:30 here. I need to figure out the money. That's where I'll start...

No comments: