Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Happy 204th Birthday, Hector!

I didn't get out of the hostel til 10 this morning. It was beautiful today: not warm, but crazy sunny. Walked to Trafalgar again, went to National Gallery to see the 6 Constable paintings again. I stopped at a Twinings shop on the way, Ryan, but they didn't have anything all that exciting. After NG, I headed down the street to Parlaiment and Westminster Abbey. On the way, I noticed a horse standing on the sidewalk with a large group of people gathered around. How is it that I'm just happening upon everything? Anyhow, I therefore decided to stop at the Horse Guard Parade and watch the proceedings. I do believe I caught a picture of a guard being bad. Again, can't post yet.

Ate lunch at a pub on the way back. They had the exact same menu as the Three Greyhounds last night. The only difference was what they were "famous for" on the front. Although I apparently ate Yorkshire pudding with my meal, I still have no clue what it is.

I was very tired after lunch, so I decided to come back and take a nap. I woke up two hours later (not long ago). As it is now dark outside, I think I'll just stay here and go to sleep early again. Tomorrow is the big day: rehearsal at 9:30, concert at 7:30. *shiver*

Speaking of the concert...I wish I could upload my pictures and show you what I didn't mention that I walked past yesterday...it will just have to wait, I guess. I will just say it had something to do with the title of this post. I almost forgot about it, but pulled out my map to check where the street was AT the corner I needed to turn at...*someone* seems to have wanted me to visit.

Oh, fine. Here are pictures not taken by myself, but of where I went today. While he was in London, he saw Jenny Lind at Her Majesty's Theatre, which happens to be where Phantom is: yet another reason to go see it next week. The theatre Mary Poppins is in was the residence of Mozart at one point. EDIT: Nevermind...I think Phantom must either be sold out or not playing the days I'm free :(

Speaking of which, I need to charge my camera battery...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time. You are writing in code some times and I don't know what it means, I'm sure you're friends understand. Enjoy every moment, we're excitedly waiting for your return to hear all about your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have adapted well to London and finding your way around. Get some chap lip for your lips. I think you would enjoy seeing the changing of the guard at Buckinghan Palace and the crown jewels at Tower of London. For a different perspective on the world you should go to Speakers Corner on Sunday morn. A lot of characters from all over the world talking from their soap boxes. I believe it was near Marble Arch.

Anonymous said...

Well...I'm finally going to leave a comment, just to prove that I've been keeping up on the blog. It does sound really exciting over in the big GB, but I must admit that some of the places you keep talking about are totally lost to me...maybe it's because I'm not up to date on my london knowlegde...but whatever. Anyway, I will be totally honest and say that I am really jealous...taveling is the best...

Anonymous said...

Hey I thought you knew England. I'm sure qow is the queen of wonderland.

kmad said...

The concert must be about over. Are you still in a trance?