Monday, December 17, 2007

Besides Delicious,

I'm not entirely sure what "clotted cream" is. I decided to stop at a restaurant named, "Tea," after going through St. Paul's for a scone with jam and clotted cream. Wonderful.

As for St. Paul's, I ascended all 600ish stairs to the very tip top (you feel my pain if you have done this, as well). I'm not afraid of heights, but walking around the Whispering Gallery takes one's breath away. Perhaps that is why it is the "Whispering Gallery." I have pictures of the scary see-through iron spiral staircases to the Golden Gallery or whatever it's called. Scary. Scary, scary scary. I think the wooden stairs on the way down are worse, though, as they creak and are who knows how old...

I am not entirely sure why, but I have the urge to go see Les Miz tonight. I should try Phantom first, though. I could always see the other Wednesday night. I do have an idea why I want to see it: As St. Paul's was Hector's favo(u)rite building here, I believe he has gotten to me. Oh well, both of the musicals are Frenchish, so I should be perfectly content no matter which I see. Honestly, why Les Miz? I should be dying to see Phantom. Maybe if MC or Hugh Panaro were playing right now...

Yes, back to Hector- my eyes teared up while staring in awe at the ceiling of the cathedral. You have never lived until you have stood beneath the Dome. Hector, I agree: it is nearly enough to make me want to move here.

If you were wondering, I have a new favorite big city. NYC has been bumped to numero 2. But then again, I've never really been able to explore there as much as I have here. Someday. What is there to compare with St. Paul's in New York?

Also, I have just been informed that I can try to see Sir Colin again after tomorrow's concert and that I should have yesterday, instead. Darn it... I had a feeling I should have...I was in such a perfect seat and could have easily asked the violinist who took me back with him on Wednesday...I have been told that he will be very tired and might leave early to go home for Christmas, but does anyone have an idea of a question to ask? I have two more (favorite Berlioz piece to conduct and any advice for an aspiring conductor), but don't want to fight to get backstage again for 2 seconds of talking with him.

No comments: