Sunday, December 9, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away.

I said I was going to figure out the money. Instead, I decided to wander around. I ended up walking along the Thames. I read "Tate" on the side of a funky building, so decided to check out the museum. It wasn't all that exciting...

All was well until it started raining: I didn't have my umbrella. The rain did make for some exciting pictures, though. I seriously regret not bringing my gloves (I bet I'd have lost them, anyhow). I ended up buying some "cheap" ones today, as my hands were freezing. I ate at Eat., which is like Panera, only not. Kier told me about it. They really are everywhere. The Starbucks of the food world.

I'm having some troubles with the voltage converter: it doesn't keep a steady flow of electricity. I tried plugging my laptop in, as it needs charged terribly, but it kept flashing on and off.

I think I'll be going to bed soon. It's only 4:30, but, again: exhausted.

Here are today's pictures.

P.S. St. Paul's bells ring a tri-tone. This bothers me horribly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are awesome! Mike wants to know where the people are. Who's the guy? And the flooding down the steps? Sleep well.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures....Hope the sun comes out tomorrow. I didn't think it would be cold enough for you to want gloves. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Ok, really, that guy better be named William or Harry.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ashley,

Pack away the red coat and pull out something that blends in and is not so attention seeking. As a young, single girl on your own, you do not want to call attention to yourself. If you want to talk to people, try striking up conversations with other couples or families travelling together. They will be able to help ensure your safety. Also, I wouldn't advertise my location if I were you!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I've finally gotten to reading all of your entries. Sounds like you're having a great time. Personally, I like the red coat; maybe they have some equivalent of our "red hats" club, only instead of elderly women, it's a bunch of young, female American tourists who all thought it'd be a cool idea to wear a red coat to England? Let me know. Gary

Anonymous said...

I agree with qow. why call attention to yourself? have you ever traveled before because it doesn't seem like it

Ashley said...

Oh, my. How did I not see these comments?

Julie: The flood is actually just a random useless staircase leading into the Thames.

Nancy: Which guy?

QOW: Many different colors of coats exist. It has been 9 days and I am still alive. Also, this blog is intended for my friends and family, so my location needs to be advertised.

Gary: yay! I haven't visited your new house yet like I said I would.

Anon: see above