Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Arrivederci, Londra :'(

I spent the majority of the day with Michelle, my Australian roommate. We went to the National Gallery (go figure...she hadn't been there, yet, though) and took the most touristy pictures possible in phonebooths and at Trafalgar Square. While we were eating lunch (I had a chicken, bacon, and mayo jacket potato), her friend, Ned, also from Australia, met up with us. Strangely, Ned bears a great resemblance to fellow Aussie, Hugh Jackman. When he asked me where I was from, he asked if it was near any big cities. He has actually heard of Toledo. How? The John Denver song, which probably will give him zero desire to visit when he comes to the states in February. After all, Saturday nights in Toledo, Ohio are like being nowhere at all.

The pictures turned out wonderfully, which is good. I had forgotten that the first couple of days are no longer on my camera. I will have to burn them to a CD or order them online when I get back.

I went back to Tea for the third and final time a bit ago. The same 3 people were working every time I stopped in. Every time you have tea and scones with cream and jam it tastes better. This means I will miss that place, a LOT. Panera will not cut it. Panera is also as close to EAT as I will get back home. Too bad.

I don't understand: everything seems to fit in my suitcase better now that it did on the way here. I'm afraid to pick it up, though...Not looking forward to the 45ish minute tube ride all the way over to Heathrow.

It is only a bit past 5, but I am exhausted from all of this walking. It would probably be a good idea for me to go to bed early, anyhow. Maybe if I get up early enough, I can go to St. Paul's again or walk down to the Tower. Whatever, I will have to use my debit card. The only money I have left are the £10 Scottish note I want to keep, money for the tube, and a couple coins to keep. Oh, and 7P. That's it. I guess I did a pretty decent job guessing how much to convert, huh (although I did go out and buy some candy this afternoon. those curly-whirly squirrelies are amazing)?

Again, not sure if I will post tomorrow morning. I will write something a few days after I get back, though- the remaining pictures, etc.

Next trip? Well, Sir Colin will be in Boston on MLKJr weekend...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you confirm your flight back. We want to make sure you come home. See you soon.

Ashley said...

confirm it?

Anonymous said...

just to make sure it is on time and still going. Sometimes the flight changes without notification.