Saturday, December 15, 2007

From Blinding Sun to Opaque Fog

It is slightly less opaque now, for I just saw a wild pheasant running through a field.

I have discovered why it takes so long for my laptop to charge. When the adapter gets too warm, it turns itself off (that's something different here: some outlets have on/off switches).

Some of you should be happy: I traded in my kilt for Christmas presents this morning. Actually, I wanted to trade it in for a fleece jacket I found yesterday, but neither of the shops had it. I had to settle with something slightly more expensive. Ryan, it's proving far too difficult to find you a present. Nancy, it's far too easy for you.

I shall miss Edinburgh's prices, but not the smell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to finally hear from you. I didn't find anything posted since you left for Scotland. Your pictures are fantastic..no problem retrieving them. Continue with the FUN