Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I Don't Understand...

There is a man walking around St. Paul's with his face and shoes painted I-don't-know-how, draped in a flag from I-don't-know-where, and posing for pictures while shouting, "Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite." I don't know why.

I hung out at the National Gallery for 4 hours today and sketched. I was very disappointed that the painting I stood in front of most of the time didn't have a postcard for sale in the shop although it informed me one was available. Monsieur de Norvins by Ingres. Luckily the cashier man who looked at my sketch so as to look around for the picture was impressed, making me content enough with that, I guess.

I went to Boots and discovered that you can get digital prints for 6p/each if you order at least 150 and wait for 24 hours. I can pick them up tomorrow at noon. I believe they're 19 cents/each at Walgreens (maybe 15, but still...), so I decided to just do it now. This way I'll be mostly all set for Xmas eve, as well. What would be nice is if I could get them all into a scrapbook before then so I don't have to explain each picture to everyone. Unfortunately I don't have an empty scrapbook. Perhaps they will be on sale at Hobby Lobby on the 23rd.

Concert tonight. I am armed and ready for the fight to get backstage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting backstage tonight. See you soon.