Monday, December 10, 2007

All is Well

Except my lips hurt a lot. It's crazy windy, more so than I thought, so they're chapped like none other.

Yes, Ryan. I went to Trafalgar today. The pictures use my camera to the fullest, as you will eventually see. For all of you who have Facebook and noticed that all my pictures loaded, as it was faster than this, I won't be able to anymore until I find a way to charge my laptop.

So. Today, I started off with a terribly breakfast that consisted of beans and some strange sausage. Day made better by friendly tube man who told me to wait 3 minutes and get cheaper tickets. I can now say I have seen the flags at the Marble Arch. Hunted and hunted, found Baker Street, vistited Sherlock (I didn't tell him anything, Phil, as he was about 70 and short), which was lovely, Beatles shop (where I bought my xmas gift...I needed it, though: a £35 messenger bag). Then I went to Trafalgar and the National Gallery. Found Victoria and Albert: Dear Lord. I want to live there. I thought I was going to have a heart attack at the NG: 6 Constable works in one room. I was wrong. There were 38 more at V&A. In one room there were 75 paintings from floor to cieling.

Then, after asking 7 people how to get there, as it isn't on the map Jerry gave me (which I would literally be lost without), I found Prince Edward Theatre and bought tickets to Mary Poppins. So as to not get lost, I ate fish and chips at the pub across the street. Afterwards, I was the only person not related to any of the cast waiting at the stage door, where Gavin eventually came out. I suprised him like none other when he asked where I was from: "You're American..." He didn't remember me from any of out several past meetings (nor did he remember the email I sent him a week ago), but he walked me to the nearest tube station and told me that going to a high tea at the...oh, no...I can't remember the hotel....was the best thing he's done here, although it's expensive. If he weren't swamped with the last 5 weeks here, he'd go with me.

Tomorrow: I might very well go back to V&A...

I need to go visit with my new French friends now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Sir Paul yet? I cannot believe you haven't stalked him yet...LOL!

Anonymous said...

High tea at the Ritz Ashley. You will find it on Picadilly across the street from the Green Park Tube station. Fortnum's is a close second. Down the street towards Picadilly Circus from the Ritz.

Ashley said...

Sir Paul? Nah...not yet :)

Thank you, but who is qow?

(and I've remembered where Gavin said to go: the Dorchester)

Anonymous said...

La Reine de Miracle