Saturday, July 4, 2009

Busy, Busy.

It's been a few days. Much has happened that I should write about. I'll try to keep it short.

On Wednesday, there was an early-morning rehearsal at Henry Wood Hall on the south bank. I felt quite lousy, again, so I spent one of the four hours resting. Evening choir rehearsal was held at St. Vedast church. A Wren church, it was mostly destroyed in WWII, but rebuilt very very well. Breathtaking inside. At one point, Ivor had us sing the same 4 chords about 10 times because of a harmonic/overtone we could hear. Someone said it was angels. Someone else was quite convinced that a soprano was singing the top note. No one was.

Thursday, I did not go to a recording session at Abbey Road. I went to Abbey Road, but then left due to some technical difficulties. Hopefully I'll be at the remaining sessions until I go home. I lounged for a few hours at home, then headed off to St. Luke's for rehearsal and the evening concert. It was my first (and only) concert at St. Luke's. It was a beautifully relaxing evening with lovely music and a great setting. As the sun went down, the light through the trees outside of the windows grew more dramatic, as did the music and the lighting in the building.

Last night, I had my own concert in which I was a participant! The New London Singers had a concert of American music at St. Martin's-in-the-Field. It was my thundersheet debut. We sang some messy stuff decidedly unmessily (spellcheck wants to change that to unmusically, funnily enough). We sang Leonard Cohen's, "Hallelujah." The people watching our rehearsal clapped after it! We sang it as an encore, too. Fun one.

This evening, I decided to go to “Sweden Day” for the City of London Festival. It was held at Hampstead Heath (it's North). It ended being 15-or-so minutes from the nearest tube station (Kentish Town)- uphill. Ugh. When I got there, the Benny Anderson (from ABBA) Band was playing. As they played, I wandered around Parliament Hill a bit. Beautiful. I understand why Constable spent so much time there. I’d like to go back when it’s not so full of people. It doesn't look/feel/smell like you're in London. Perfect.

I'd write more, but my eyes are closing themselves. Pictures in the coming days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did not stay to listen to Benny A?!

Aunt Wendy said...

So happy to finally hear from you. We were starting to think you forgot us or you still weren't feeling up to par. Your Grandmother was concerned!!! I'm sure every day is a new adventure and I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Love you