Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Drear.

It has been storming in London the last few days- full on thunder and everything. Yesterday, Victoria station, perhaps the busiest train/underground station in the city, was closed due to flooding. It seems to rain hardest when I'm outside. The first day of this weather, it was just sprinkling...then I stepped outside to run to the tube station and the heavens opened up. I'm sure that's what's going to happen when I run to rehearsal in a few minutes. I'm planning on walking, and it's going to take at least 45 minutes. I'm sure I'll be drenched when I get there, even though it's dry right now.

I just booked a flight to Munich to visit my friend, Julia, who was an exchange student my sophomore year of HS. I promised I'd visit, and finally am living up to it! August 4-8. I also booked my trains to Scotland and the Lake District. Scotland to visit the professors who run hberlioz.com and the Lake District to visit some family friends. I have never been to either region, both of which I'm certain are absolutely beautiful.

Everyone (except one person) in this flat building has been or is going to another country recently. I started out by going to Spain, Adam's in Sweden/Denmark, Matty's in Slovakia, Giulio got back from Paris yesterday, and Jonty's going to Ireland on Friday. Paul visited his parents a couple hours away- does that count?

I should probably leave. Rehearsal is prepared to be delayed (I've already been warned), at least with the actual conductor- Gergiev has the habit of being late. The man WAY overbooks himself and owns 3 cell phones. The cell phones have nothing to do with his being late, just to prove how busy he is. There was a period not long ago where he had 4 concerts in 3 countries in 3 days. Not close countries, either- I know one was Russia and one was England.

I have no pictures of any value to post. Hopefully I'll be able to take some more once the weather improves.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Hi Ashley, I've been reading you blogs, what an adventure your are having! Say hi to Julia for us. Philip will be in Germany sometime in August.

KMAD said...

Any picture of you is of great value! We love seeing your beautiful, smiling face. Stay dry. <3