Friday, June 12, 2009

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I spent thirteen consecutive hours in/backstage at the Barbican Hall today. There was a rehearsal at 9:15, 2 children'a concerts, a 2-hours lunch break (I guess I was out of the building for 2 hours- and it was the best lunch I have EVER eaten...no joke), rehearsal at 3, concert at 7:30. I am exhausted, and I didn't have to play!

This morning minutes before the children's concert rehearsal began, I sat down in the second row right near the violins, 3 of whom could see me I consider good friends. Some Barbican employee came over to me and started asking me questions. The 3 of them looked at him and glared. He asked, "Are you a student of one of the members of the orchestra?" I said, "No...I'm observing the orchestra for the summer..." He didn't like that answer, apparently. All 3 of the guys said, "She's with us." That /had/ to be good enough for him. He asked if I was planning on staying for the concerts, or just the rehearsal. I was staying, so he took my name down and had the coordinator of the event give me a seat. I love special treatment. And I love feeling loved.

4 or 5 members have now asked me if I'm going on tour to Grenada with them. I actually emailed the tour coordinator a month or two ago. His response wasn't very convincing, but he said no. 2 of my violin friends have made some realizations and, with their forces combined (as well as some other key players), I might manage to wrangle my way along with them at the end of the month!!!!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I have to go to sleep, now. I need to get up at 6:45 for a road trip to Coventry.

2 comments:

Jim Gray said...

This is starting to sound like "Around the World in 80 Days." If you haven't read it you should. As for your English saga, it should be turned into a best-selling audiobook :)

Aunt Wendy said...

I'm going to bed....you always seem to make me feel out of breath and just plain tired!! Keep having fun!