Monday, June 15, 2009

What a Day.

I got to rehearsal half an hour early this morning (i.e. 9:30). Nigel asked me if I wanted him to introduce me to Sir Colin. Not being an idiot, I took up on his offer. "This is Ashley. She's studying to become a conductor because of you." He pretty much said, "Well, I'm sorry to hear that" with a smile on his face. Nigel left us to talk. Sir Colin was interested to hear what "studying conducting/class/lessons" implied, as he doesn't give lessons. I was given permission to go up to him after rehearsal to ask "why the hell did you do that there?" or anything.

After rehearsal, I had a 45-minute lesson with Gerry, one of the trumpets. We pretty much played the entire time. I magically didn't get too tired, despite my not being able to play without a practice mute but once in the last month. We played a few duets and worked on some excerpts. He's going to get some music to me, let me look it over, then we'll get together again.

I went along to a recording session at Abbey Road....with my Beatles bag. I felt like a complete moron. I made sure to keep my jacket strategically placed over the the front of the bag so as to not look like an idiotic tourist or whatnot.

At 6, I bolted to Covent Garden for a 6:45 rehearsal with St. Bart's Choir (the one I sang with last week). I went to the pub with some friends from the choir after. Some random psychic from NY came up and started talking to us...it was odd. But she noted that I belong in this city. The fact that things are going as amazingly as they are and my ability to fit in perfectly when coming from such a small town helped her realized this obvious fact.

I'm exhausted. I'm going to bed now so I can wake early for full English breakfast, hopefully.

2 comments:

KMAD said...

You could always tell people that Paul gave you the bag. Did Sir Colin remember you? It sounds like another eventful day. <3

Aunt Wendy said...

Good to hear from you! I check your blog first thing when I get on the computer. Glad you're having so much fun!