Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Quavers, quavers, quavers.....

Sir Colin Davis is, if he remembers me into the future, forever going to associate me with the quavers in the first violins at "E" in Brahms' Symphony 3, movement 1 all because I asked him about them at rehearsal on Monday. Yesterday during the break, he walked past me and asked if I heard them that time. I honestly wasn't paying attention to the violins at that point, so I just kind of made a face and he kept walking. Today, he walked past me before rehearsal and said that he'd make sure my quavers would be heard today. When he announced break time at the completion of the Brahms, he turned around and asked me how they were- while the entire orchestra was still sitting there. I heard them! I need to get a picture with him at the next rehearsal....until then, here is a picture of me with Yan Pascal Tortelier, conductor of the concert last Thursday.

And a picture of me eating the best meal I have ever had, ever. And a picture of LSO St. Luke's- a church the LSO owns about 5 minutes down the road from the Barbican:

Post-rehearsal shopping led me to buy a shirt and a dress (which the lady working the fitting room said looked better on me than anyone she had yet see try it on :). It's a bit too dressy to just up and wear, so I'll have to wait and see when a semi-formal occasion pops up (there are a couple of upcoming possibilities). I also stopped and bought some drawing paper.

While walking back to the flat with my goodies, there was a huge gust of wind. I paid attention to nothing but holding on to the huge sheet of paper. I proceeded to walk into low-hanging branches which beat me repeatedly. What mis-tree-tment, Mother Nature!!

I cooked a quick dinner that I am still unsure about. I just kind of dumped some stuff on a chicken breast, stuck it on the stove, and ate it when it seemed to be done clucking.

I am now contemplating what I should do tomorrow. There's a super long recording session, but I'm not entirely sure I want to sit through the whole thing (7 hours including a 1-hour dinner break). I shouldn't be saying that. I pretty much know I'm going to be there.

There were other things I wanted to mention, but I have since forgotten. Oh, I do know one- I never said that when hostel-friend, Brian, and I were heading somewhere on the tube, he was stopped by a security guard and search by a yellow lab named Buster. He was given Buster's business card for being a good sport when all was over. I think the cop chose him because I smiled at the dog. Sorry, Brian.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

FYI, quavers are eighth notes. It hurts to say that, now.

Aunt Wendy said...

You even have time to prepare a home cooked meal...I'm more and more amazed at all your accomplishments. Love You!!!

KMAD said...

So, how was your meal? Was it the best meal that you have ever cooked?
I am glad that you said what a quaver is. That was one that I was going to have to look up. Still miss you. Keep having fun. <3