Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Weekend, Already?

I think my new hostel-friend, Brian, and I deserve medals for how far we walked last night. We started out walking from the hostel to St. Paul's with Rusty, from Australia. We walked up the steps to the 2nd highest level (highest is closed, still), back down, and back to the hostel. We rested up for a bit, then took the tube to Picadilly (where I bought some comfy £10 trainers), tube to Trafalgar Square (well, Charing Cross), ate dinner, walked to Buckingham Palace, through St. James' Park to Parliament, then took the tube back to the hostel.

I was going to go to the Tate Britain with Jochim, a German staying in the hostel. We met up for breakfast, said we'd leave in an hour, but he didn't show up. I eventually headed off on a trek to Oxford Street to do some shopping. My intention was to walk there and take the tube back. I ended up taking one wrong turn, so I gave up and just took the tube to Oxford Street. I don't know why the heck I decided to go there on a weekend. I mean, yes, it's always busy, but today seemed slightly more so. I'll eventually get around to uploading pictures in a day or two. I guess the drowning in people was worth it- I bought a nifty dress at H&M. When I got back to the hostel, I had a much-needed and quite wonderful hour-long nap.

Tomorrow is the first LSO concert. There is a rehearsal from 10-1:30, a chamber music event 2:30-5:30, and the concert at 7:30. I'll be going to bed early (for real) tonight to rest up.

On Monday, I'm going to meet up with Adam, the 'tour guide' from the Wednesday night adventure. It's a bank holiday, so we're not sure what will or will not be open or completely packed.

2 comments:

Aunt Wendy said...

Hope the new shoes are comfy. Sounds like you're going 90 MPH, remember you're going to be there for awhile....Take a break. Then again it sounds like you have a restful day planned, listening to music..that should be relaxing!

Jim Gray said...

These two pics are award-winning, especially the second one. Maybe photography is you calling?