Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Oxford

Yesterday, my new friend, Brian, and I decided to head to Oxford (I say "new" in the normal definition. We met a week ago. In the hostel world, we're old friends).

We awoke to a dreary London day- the first rainy day of my trip. Once in Oxford, things cleared up. Brian and I went our separate ways for a while. I shopped, he got some information on the colleges. We met up at 2, then visited a couple of the colleges together- Christ's Church and New (ironically, New is the oldest of the 35 Oxford colleges). The Great Hall in Harry Potter was filmed at Christ's Church's dining hall.

As it was a beautiful day, I ended up taking 130 pictures. We'll see how that compares to Friday after I spend another beautiful day in Cambridge.

On Tuesday, I went to Regent's Park with Brian and Chris, another hostel friend. We took a stroll through the Queen Mary's Garden where there were many beautiful flowers. We did a bit of shopping, as well. It was a nice leisurely day.

Tomorrow will be spent doing laundry and lounging until the evening. I'm going to see the Philharmonia do Mahler 6 with Icky Picky Salami....I mean Esa Pekka Solonen.

Bed

1 comment:

Aunt Wendy said...

Good....I'm glad you're having a relaxing day. Hard to believe you've had a week without rain. When's the Harry Potter Premier? Continue having fun!!!!