Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Squidgy.

Last night was my 3rd hash. It took place at a pub near the Barbican, so not too far from home. You don't generally think of that area as residential, but some angry residents called the police on us for being too loud. When the cops showed up, I was in the process of being made to drink out of something that isn't made to be drunk out of (I'll leave it to your imagination) in front of the group. People were shouting, "They're coming up behind you!" This turned out to be nothing to be worried about. In fact, someone said, "No hats in the circle!" And the cops were pulled forward into the circle and made to chug a half pint (of water) each. In short, we didn't get in trouble.

Something I find interesting about UK vs. US English. I never thought I would have to explain what a "mini van" is to someone. Luckily we passed what's likely the only one in Britain in the process of my attempted explanation. I had more things like this to mention, but I've since forgotten them. I'm sure they'll come back to me.

I went to the National Portrait Gallery for the first time yesterday. I was incredibly upset with myself for not taking my sketchbook. Berlioz was playing in the shop, which made me happy.

Went to LSO rehearsal this morning for the first time in 2 weeks or so. The soloist for tomorrow's concert had to drop out due to illness, but was replaced, so she show goes on! They're playing Shotakovich

1 comment:

Aunt Wendy said...

Short but sweet! Glad you're still having fun. Wish we could hear more from you...more often!!!!