Friday, May 28, 2010

Problem Solved

I will be moving back to Exmouth for the rest of the summer as of Monday. This week's been quite an adventure. Sunday and Monday I stayed at Onslow Gardens with Iain from Bart's Choir. Tuesday and Wednesday I stayed at a hostel near Edgeware Rd. Thursday in Emperor's Gate, possibly tonight, too, otherwise Friday/Saturday/Sunday will be near King's Cross with Aziz.

Jonathan's flatmate is a concert pianist and professor, so I have a Steinway Model B at my fingertips. I spent the majority of yesterday playing it until I went to choir rehearsal. After rehearsal, the sun was setting and turning the tops of the Old Bailey (right across the street from the rehearsal church) and all the churches, including St. Paul's, a beautiful shade of pink against a very cloudy blue sky. And I didn't have my camera. I should have known to take it with me after Jonathan sent me text saying he'd just seen the Queen being driven down the street a block away from me.

Tonight is a New London Singer's concert two blocks from here. Gathering afterwards. It'll be nice to see some familiar faces for the first time since last July.

You can see I've not really been up to much recently. Trying to relax after sprinting around for two weeks. The LSO will be back from Spain on Wednesday for a concert with Håkan Hardenberger. Håkan shared some conductor tales at rehearsal the other day. Oh, how I love hearing conductor stories.

Righty-oh, off to practice.

No comments: