Thursday, May 13, 2010

Don't Rain on My Parade.

Very brief update today as it was a relaxed day.

Rehearsal in the morning. I think I accidentally fell asleep a couple of times due to jet lag kicking in. I could hardly even wake up in the morning. I went, though, so I could partake in the post-rehearsal festivities. Maxine, a first violin, has opened a makeshift shop of sorts in her sitting room to make way for new purchases. I found a hat for Royal Ascot!

I came back in the afternoon, rested, eventually decided to move up onto the roof. It was nice and warm, but large intimidating dark clouds were swiftly moving my way, encouraging me to move back to the kitchen.

Picked up a sandwich at Tesco, then went to the concert. The second half was made up of Messiaen's Turangalila Symphony, which involves the strangest instrument in the world: the ondes Martenot. I couldn't see it/didn't know of its existence during the rehearsal, which made it all the more confusing.

Back to the flat just in time for everyone to meet me on their way out. Joined them to go down the block for some reminiscing. I was challenged to speak as long as I could with my apparently-convincing Scottish accent. I was given permission to stop when they realized I could keep going :)

Tomorrow's the Gergiev conducting masterclass. Next days' the trip to Dublin, which I still dont' know if I'm going to do or not....

1 comment:

KMAD said...

Grandma A. says to bore us with all of the details. She enjoys reading every word and doesn't find it the least bit boring! She wants to keep reading...<3