Saturday, June 28, 2008

Deja vu?

While sitting at this computer, a tall blonde British guy (named Jan, I later learned) asked me to watch his things for him. My first contact with Nick Rutter was when he asked me to watch his things in the hostel for him. In London, the only person I wandered around with was a girl named Shelly from Australia. Today I ended up wandering around with Jan and a girl named Sally from Australia. Strange, no?

The 3 of us hunted all over the place for "Central Perk" cafe from Friends, but to no avail. It was quite enjoyable to watch Jan ask virtually every type of person to help us on our journey. Sally eventually went off to meet a friend, so Jan and I headed towards Liberty Island. The line was far too long, so we continued on to Little Italy via Chinatown. From there, we walked to Times Square to get "cheap" tickets to Curtains. Boo for (still) expensive tickets, but yay for seeing David Hyde Pierce (Niles from Fraiser)!

I need to leave here pretty soon to head down to the West Village to drop my bag off at Kier's. Time is going to be tight. I'm supposed to meet him at 7 and the show starts at 8. I'm supposed to be meeting Jan back here at the hostel soon, but if he's not here before 6:30, I'm going to have to just meet him at the theatre.

I don't expect internet time again until I get home. The Rutter concert is tomorrow at 2 at Carnegie. A very interesting conversation will surely follow the music...I'll let you in on it ASAP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wierd!!!