Sunday, March 10, 2013

FMP Week 2

Ok, so the intention has been to post at least every 2 days.  So far, it's a weekly update.  Let's hope that changes this coming week, as I'll be (hopefully) wrapping up MA applications, allowing for more FMP time.


4 March

More editing of photos and postgraduate degree applications.  I had a very long talk with David in the afternoon discussing which CCW/CSM course would be most fitting for me, as well as details of my project proposals for the applications. 

He suggested this show:
Self Contained New work by Rebecca Fortnum    6 March 2013 - 26 May 2013 
Freud Museum London            http://www.freud.org.uk            open: Wednesday - Sunday 12 -5pm

24th April at 7pm: Rebecca Fortnum, Dr Graham Music and Dr Maria Walsh ’in conversation’ and the launch of the Self Contain, published by RGAP and designed by Colin Sackett.

David also provided some information related to my possible MA project:

This is the kinetic end of things...Henry Dagg. Maybe the wilder end of things, but he's the man for sound / object.

article http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/jan/31/victoria-coren-henry-dagg-martin-amis

http://www.m-magazine.co.uk/interviews/bjork-week-profile-of-a-sound-sculptor/   and he's worked with Bjork....

and an evenings amusement- http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=henry+dagg&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8&redir_esc=&ei=ouE0UZv_C4XM0AWp4YCwCg#q=henry+dagg&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&source=univ&tbm=vid&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=v-I0UZu0PMmL0AWWq4DYDg&ved=0CFAQqwQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43148975,d.d2k&fp=57b55b39c0203831&biw=1266&bih=816

5 March
As I spent the late afternoon setting the trail for my running club from Gloucester Road, I discovered by chance a blue plaque pointing out Turner’s studio for over a decade.  I also went past St. Luke’s church, Chelsea, where I will attend an Eric Whitacre Singers concert next Tuesday night.  I hope to get a chance to speak to him, and hopefully give him one of the conductor-in-motion drawings.  I have been looking into where to have prints made, as I have had several requests for them through my website and Facebook page.  It would be nice if I could work out a way to sell them through EW’s site, but I doubt that would happen.
7 March
Slept in, was not at all hungry after a birthday filled with nothing but eating.  Spent the afternoon at Selfridges for the first time, followed by an evening of extreme immersion in postgraduate applications.
8 March
The morning was spent going through CSM and CCW postgraduate applications.  I have not had a chance to work much on the FMP, as applications are my primary concern at this point.

After paying the idiotic £30 VAT, I finally managed to pick up a package sent from home, containing (amongst other things) an etching.  The friend who wanted to buy it met me immediately.  £150 later, it’s now proudly hanging on his wall, I am told!  Second artwork I’ve sold in London.
9 March
Attended a wedding in the MBE chapel of St. Paul’s Cathedral.  I have avoided photographing this building for my project, as it has already been artistically portrayed countless times.  There is one photo I took at night a couple of months ago that I could potentially use in pairs for this project.  I will start experimenting with making new pairs soon.
10 March
Submitted my application for a Music MA at City University this afternoon. 

Someone shared this link on Facebook, which may come in handy for my proposal idea for MA/MFA applications using a trumpet as a means of making paintings: http://i.imgur.com/yd1BqNL.gif

Thephotographersgallery.co.uk (Oxford Street)
11 March
Duchamp exhibition at the Barbican: http://www.barbican.org.uk/artgallery/event-detail.asp?ID=14075  ß music – Cage, Rauschenberg

Rauschenberg at Gagosian
Rosemarie Trockel at Serpentine

Plexitol – photo emulsion

In short, I have been doing a *lot* of work on applications.

No comments: