Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And So It Begins

I was going to post something from the Detroit Airport, but one wireless source cost and the other wasn't working. So here is the summary for the entirety of my flight:

No problem checking in. Petra, the Dutch worker was very nice. We're off to a great start. Security check: I went off. It wasn't my watch, so I had to be searched. The woman was nice and I knew I'd go off (My bracelet cannot be removed), so I wasn't too worried. The flight was incredibly smooth, the food was FANTASTIC, my neighbors were fun, and the entertainment was ridiculous. I watched Jeremy Irons in Eragon, listened to part of a Bach partita and the entirety of the LSO Live recording of Mahler 7 (on the in-flight music channel!), took a 1.5 hour nap, then woke up and watched Little Miss Sunshine. I can't get over the tastiness of the manicotti and how the entertainment system!

Breakfast was horrible.

I sat on the aisle in the 4-seat middle section of the plane. The couple next to me was from Sheffield. They had been in Daytona Beach for a week. The guy on the other end was from New Zealand. The British man was venting to the NZ man about how he didn't get to find out why in the world Americans eat "Chicken 'n Biscuits" at Popeye's. For those of you who aren't hip to the Britspeak, buscuit=cookie. He thought it was so hilarious that he took a picture to show all his friends back home. His wife had seen my US passport, so she said, "Perhaps you can explain it to him?"

I'm currently sitting on Cassie's dad's couch in Horley. I love being in a HOUSE and not a hostel.

Not sure what all we'll be doing, but it sounds like there are many many many possibilities. All I know is that we're leaving at 2 pm tomorrow to go somewhere for a New Year's party. The theme is the UK version of Dancing With The Stars.

I just ate my first mince pie. Second breakfast>first breakfast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. So glad that you arrived safely. Sorry that I missed your phone call, by two minutes. Thanks for calling and posting so quickly. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I saw your pictures are got REALLY excited to read your blog. The Popeyes thing is pretty hilarious in my opinion. Hope you're having fun, and if you do end up wanting to do to a game, Arsenal plays Plymouth on Saturday at 3 pm your time. I'm pretty sure it's at the Emirates, and because they're playing a lesser team, I bet tickets are available ;)

Josh